DNS Management: How To Update Private Nameservers
- Log in to your Control Panel.
- Go to Domain Central.
- Click on the domain you want to edit.
- Click DNS.
- From Modify, select Private Nameservers.
- Under Host, enter a subdomain host name value to use as a prefix for your nameserver in the Host field. This will resolve to 'host.your-domain.com' where 'your-domain.com' is the domain that you are setting this private nameserver for. Commonly used host name values are ns1 or ns2.
- Under Points To, enter the IP address of the nameserver (if the domain supports it, you'll see an additional field to insert an IPv6 address).
- Click Add to create the Private Nameserver record.
- Once added, a drop-down appears under the Action column which allows you to modify the Private Nameserver that you just created.